The 44th Creativity Print & Packaging Competition saw an amazing increase in the level of creative that was presented to the judges. Out of the thousands submitted only 800 were judged and about 2/3 of this year’s entries won an award – 45% received Honorable Mention, 35% received a Silver designation, 12% received a Gold designation and only a slim .5% received the coveted Platinum or Best in Category Award. 1 Student and 1 Professional entry were selected as Best in Show.
Entrants into the competition represented 32 countries and 22 U.S. states. The entries featured were considered by the judges to be an example of outstanding creativity and design. Here are some highlights:
- 2014 had our 1st ever winner from Iran – a Silver Award!
- Magazine designers came out on top this year with Agency Fish in the UK bringing home a whopping 39 awards and SW!TCH Studios in Phoeniz, AZ bringing home the second highest amount of designations with 21 awards.
- Platinums were extremely hard to come by this year and there was a 4 way tie for the most awarded – SapientNitro, Lifetime Television, Ameba Design Ltd & TMH were awarded 2 each.
- Best in Show awards went to CZOO in Denmark for the Professional Award and RIT, School of Photography and School of Design in the U.S. for the Student Award.
- Drexel University was the most awarded school with 18 awards.