SDCC Corporation Communications Team (USA)
Project Title: SDCC Corporation Website Redesign
Client or Class Name: San Diego Convention Center Corporation - visitsandiego.com
Project Title: VisitSanDiego.com Website Redesign
Overview: On September 4, 2014, the San Diego Convention Center debuted its new and improved public website, VisitSanDiego.com. The look and feel of the website had not been updated in more than five years, meaning it was not designed to meet the needs of a growing audience using mobile devices.
Objective: Based upon user surveys and research on best practices, the Communications staff identified a list of priority elements to guide site design, navigation, and content.
The goals of the redesign were to:
- Make the site responsive to meet the needs of mobile users;
- Simplify site navigate and prioritize audiences;
- Create opportunities to maximize the use of video and photography;
- Modernize the look and feel of the site to better reflect our brand;
- Incorporate our blog into the redesigned site.
Primary Audiences: Convention attendees, meeting planners, and exhibitors.
VP, Public Affairs: