Hong Kong Trade Development Council (Hong Kong)
Project Title: Salon de TE
Client or Class Name: Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) - www.hktdc.com
The Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council’s (HKTDC) opened up a new marketing component of the trade fair to the general public. Named the Salon de TE, it covered 2 exhibition halls and showcased over 140 international high-end watch brands. The HKTDC’s internal creative department was brief to provide an outstanding design for the organizer’s space
Challenges for the HKTDC’s internal creative department:
- Before visitors’ explore the various exhibitors’ booths create a design that sets the Salon de TE hall apart from the rest of the trade fair, within the organiser’s area of 6,500sqft. A feeling of luxury lifestyle and romance should be conveyed through the proposal.
- Provide a reception, a visual storytelling gallery, a bar and a multi-functional arena with stage for product launch/ cocktail receptions etc.
- Only 3 days were allowed for both the move-in and onsite setup.
- A bespoke concept was developed to capture the visitor’s imagination of luxury lifestyle and romance. The “Deluxe Train Journey” was the core idea to transform the concourse reception into a daytime train station scene. Inside the exhibition hall an evening train platform scene was crafted. Train carriages with multi-media and art directed scenes using props to dramatize the storytelling aspect were deployed.
- The layout of the deliberate passageway was divided in three main parts. a) Reception located at the entrance concourse
- An introductory gallery using life size train carriages.
- A central hub and main stage with a suspended 3x3m projection cube, led the visitors to the various sectors of watch exhibitors booths.
- Vigorous off-site testing for construction methods, A/V rehearsals, propping and multimedia testing was crucial to ensure the 3 days setup was met.
Head of Creative, HKTDC:
Deputy Head of Creative, HKTDC:
Manager, Graphic Design, Creative Dept, HKTDC:
Deputy Manager, Exhibition Design, Creative Dept, HKTDC:
Operation Manager, Creative, HKTDC:
Assistant Manager, Exhibition Design, Creative Dept, HKTDC:
Graphic Designer, Creative Dept, HKTDC:
Project Assistant, Creative Dept, HKTDC:
Visual Display Designer, Creative Dept, HKTDC: