Judging the Creativity International Graphic Design Awards
A panel of advertising and graphic design professionals who meet deadlines and budgets on a daily basis judges the Creativity International Awards. They understand your challenges and the lengths to which you go to overcome them. Creativity International Awards makes a special effort to obtain judges representing the demographics of our competitors – creative and art directors from all over the U.S. and international agencies, freelancers, in-house design directors, photographers, copywriters and educators have all taken part in our panels over the years.
All entrant information is removed from entries to prevent bias. Judges score on a scale of 1-10 taking into consideration creativity, design, usability, theme/idea, execution & follow-through. Consideration IS NOT given to actual results or sales generated by the entry. Entries are not judged against each other and are judged solely on their own merit. The scores are computer tabulated to prevent error and averaged to give the final score for the entry.
Student entries are judged separately from Professional entries and are scored in the same manner. Student winners are distinguished by the same award levels as Professional entries.
The 2017 Creativity Media & Interactive Awards will be judged online Apr 7 – Apr 21, 2017.
The 2017 Creativity Print & Packaging Awards judging dates and location are TBD.
- Best in Show – 1 selection from Professional entries, 1 selection from Student entries each in Media & Print for 4 total winners per year. Selection is based on consensus of the judges irregardless of accumulated score.
- Platinum “Best in Category” – Highest score received but must be at least an averaged score of 7.5. Except in the case of a tie, only one Platinum awarded per category.
- Gold – Average scores between 7.0 – 7.4.
- Silver – Average scores between 6.0 – 6.9.
- Bronze – Averge scores between 5.0 – 5.9.
Entries receiving an averaged score under 5.0 do not receive an award. Scores and any available commentary can be obtained buy submitting a request in writing to:
Creativity International Awards
974 Breckenridge Lane, #190
Louisville, KY 40207-4619
Your creative genius and amazing design skills are all that is required to win – but a few items can prevent you from winning an award.
- All entries must be actual work created by or for the entrant within the time frames set by our rules.
- “Spec” work as identified by the judges will be disqualified.
- All entry fees must be paid by the start of judging (unless arrangements have been made).
- Translations must be included for foreign language entries.